Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is slimming world friendly when the oils specified in Nigellas recipe are replaced by low fat cooking spray, adapted from Nigella feast. Serves 6
- 6 chicken legs (thigh and drumstick, skin removed)
- 12 sausages (low fat if possible)
- 2 onions (peeled and chopped into chunky segments)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- low-fat cooking spray
- Mix the herbs, Worcestershire, mustard, juice and husks of lemon and onions. Add this mix to a freezer bag adding the chicken. Leave to marinate for an hour or preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7, tip contents of freezer bag into a large roasting tin and tuck the sausages around the chicken pieces. Spray liberally with low fat cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 1hr and 15 minutes turning the sausage half way through to ensure even browning.
it sounds interesting