Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Watched this on TV last night and looked so simple and glorious once it had been cooked - I had to post it! Hope to try this one out in the not so distant future, went down really well at Nigella's table!
- 125 ml sweet chili sauce (Thai or Chinese)
- 60 ml cranberry sauce
- 60 ml dark sweet soy sauce
- 1 clementine, juice and sliced rind
- 1 lime, juice and sliced rind
- 15 -20 pork spareribs
- Place all the ingredients and ribs into a large freezer bag and mix well.
- Seal the bag and place it on a dish so that it can lie flat then transfer the bag to the fridge and leave overnight to marinate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge and transfer them from the freezer bag to a roasting tin and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
- Transfer the roasting tin to the oven. Cook the ribs in the oven for an hour, turning them over after half an hour.
- Raise the oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and remove the foil from the roasting tin.
- Cook for a further 15-30 minutes, or until the ribs are sticky and cooked through.
This is easily my favourite rib recipe! I saw Nigella make them on one of her TV shows, and was hooked! She recommends throwing the clementine and lime rinds in with the marinade, which I always do. I bake the ribs in the oven with about half of the marinade in the pan (minus the rinds, of course!). The extra sauce makes then nice and sticky. Enjoy!!
Couldn't be any better.... Really! Sweet and delicious and one we will use many times!