Recipe by Nif
I played around with a few recipes unitl I came up with my own. I am giving some of the jars away as Christmas gifts with 2 different kinds of pretzels. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix mustard powder, mustard seeds and water. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the mustard mixture inot the saucepan. Bring this combined mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender and pulse until you have reached your desired consistency. I like it quite grainy myself!
- Pour into sterilized jar and seal immediately. Let cool at room temperature until no longer warm.