Recipe by Nif
This is a really close copy of an amazing Japanese sauce that I just love!!! The servings estimate was hard to guess. It depends on how much you like. I tried and tried to find a good recipe online and ended up playing with a couple of them to come up with this. I would try this over almost anything or as a dip for any meat, fondue, Shabu Shabu, etc. It is intended to dip grilled steak into. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup white sesame seeds, toasted until just golden brown
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2⁄3 cup soya sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir water into dry mustard until smooth.
- Add the soya sauce and vegetable oil to mustard. Stir and then pour into blender.
- Add sesame seeds, garlic and onion to blender and blend for 2 minutes on low and then 2 minutes on high. It should be quite smooth when finished.
- This would typically be served cold or at room temperature.