Recipe by Nif
I wanted to come up with something for my boys to grab for breakfast when they are rushing to get to the school bus. These turned out really well and froze perfectly. The best part? My kids like them! The instructions are incredibly easy - the first step is long because I give options on how to cook the eggs. Enjoy!
Top Review by I'mPat
I only had 4 wholemeal english muffins left and none of them got to the freezer, no sooner made up and they were eaten and there was only 3 of home for breakfasst when I made them. The DH put some b-b-q sauce on his 2 and the DM and I had ours as written - I used a sharp bitey cheddar cheese and put the muffin in the microwave (900watt) for 2 x 20 second bursts to melt the cheese. Thank you Nif from all of us, made for Photo Tag.
- 12 eggs
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices bacon, precooked and cut in half
- 12 cheese slices (I sliced low fat old cheddar quite thin)
Directions See How It's Made
- There are a few different ways that you can cook the eggs. I pierced each yolk, gently stirred each of them and used a plastic egg cooker in the microwave. OR you can lightly scramble each egg in a cup sprayed with cooking spray. OR you can lightly scramble each egg in a silicon muffin tin and bake them. OR you can lightly scramble each egg and cook in a tiny frying pan (I've seen them!). It's up to you how to cook them! You basically want them to end up being cooked through and slightly smaller than the size of the English muffin.
- While eggs are cooking, open each English muffin and lay them out.
- When the eggs are done, place each egg on the bottom half of the muffin.
- Add bacon to each muffin and top with cheese.
- Wrap each breakfast sandwich in plastic wrap. I placed the sandwiches in a large resealable bag and put them in the freezer.
- When cooking, placed wrapped sandwich in the microwave. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds. Unwrap, turn over and cook on high for another 30 to 45 seconds.
- The cooking time varies on how frozen the sandwich is (fridge freezer or deep freezer) and the microwave.