Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted to come up with something for my boys to grab for breakfast when they are rushing to get to the school bus. These turned out really well and froze perfectly. The best part? My kids like them! The instructions are incredibly easy - the first step is long because I give options on how to cook the eggs. Enjoy!
- 12 eggs
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices bacon, precooked and cut in half
- 12 cheese slices (I sliced low fat old cheddar quite thin)
- There are a few different ways that you can cook the eggs. I pierced each yolk, gently stirred each of them and used a plastic egg cooker in the microwave. OR you can lightly scramble each egg in a cup sprayed with cooking spray. OR you can lightly scramble each egg in a silicon muffin tin and bake them. OR you can lightly scramble each egg and cook in a tiny frying pan (I've seen them!). It's up to you how to cook them! You basically want them to end up being cooked through and slightly smaller than the size of the English muffin.
- While eggs are cooking, open each English muffin and lay them out.
- When the eggs are done, place each egg on the bottom half of the muffin.
- Add bacon to each muffin and top with cheese.
- Wrap each breakfast sandwich in plastic wrap. I placed the sandwiches in a large resealable bag and put them in the freezer.
- When cooking, placed wrapped sandwich in the microwave. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds. Unwrap, turn over and cook on high for another 30 to 45 seconds.
- The cooking time varies on how frozen the sandwich is (fridge freezer or deep freezer) and the microwave.
I only had 4 wholemeal english muffins left and none of them got to the freezer, no sooner made up and they were eaten and there was only 3 of home for breakfasst when I made them. The DH put some b-b-q sauce on his 2 and the DM and I had ours as written - I used a sharp bitey cheddar cheese and put the muffin in the microwave (900watt) for 2 x 20 second bursts to melt the cheese. Thank you Nif from all of us, made for Photo Tag.
These were great! I didn't freeze them. They were really tasty as is, but I also tried a version with the addition of guacamole, and they were good that way too.
Yummy way to have breakfast ready in a hurry. I only made 4, because it is just me here. I don't have an egg ring, so I just used part of a ball jar lid for my ring. Worked pretty good! I ate one when I made the recipe this weekend, and had one this morning. The heating directions are good. I started out with just 20 seconds on each side, since I was using an indoor freezer and the sandwich hadn't been in the freezer long. Worked perfectly. Delicious and easy. Thanks for sharing! Made for Market Tag.