Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my mom's recipes. I think she got it from a Good Housekeeping magazine. I always take this to pot-lucks. And always go home with an empty pan and many requests for the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, grated
- For the crust, mix flour, butter and nuts until crumbly, press into 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on high with a mixer until smooth.
- Fold in half the whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix the puddings with milk, beat slowly with mixer until smooth (2 minutes).
- Spread on top of cheese layer.
- Let stand a few minutes, then spoon remaining whipped topping over top and spread carefully.
- Sprinkle with grated milk chocolate bar.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Delish! The bottom layer tastes like pecan sandies and the other layers are like a creamy, dreamy trip to heaven! Thank you very much!
Any mix of puddings will work (including the butterscotch mixed with chocolate...Mmmm). The pistachio pudding is great for St. Patty's day and use green sprinkles on top of whip cream.
This is great. We call it Chocolate yum yums. Take out the Chocolate pudding and put in cherry pie filling, and it's cherry yum yums.