Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is from the book, Church Suppers. From the Author: The recipe works great in a crock-pot. Cook for 4-6 hours on the high setting or for 8-10 hours on the low setting.
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup (3-4 cans)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tarragon, crushed between fingers
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (less for less tangy and tart sauce)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces (fillets or nugget-size pieces work well)
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, paprika, salt, lemon pepper, tarragon and lemon juice.
- Spread a small amount of the mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the casserole.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Before serving, cut the lemon into 1/4" slices.
- Make a cut halfway through the lemon circle.
- Twist in opposite directions at the slit, 180 degrees.