Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love to make fast fruit cobblers and this one is just great. It looks like pancake batter when it goes over the fruit but it REALLY rises! It browns up nicely too and is just the right sweetness to suit me. New Chefs will love the ease of this one -- a no-brainer. One tip: Make sure that your baking powder is good and fresh! Cooking time includes baking time.
- 2 cups baking mix (I use Bisquick or its clone)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- Add together in a mixing bowl and whisk to make a batter about the same as pancake batter.
- Pour your sugar-marinated fruit (or pie filling) into a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish and pour the batter evenly over it.
- Bake your cobbler at 350-degrees F. for 30 minutes, then bump it up to 375-degrees F. for the final 15 minutes -- should be golden brown when done.
- NOTE: You can sprinkle some granulated sugar on top when the cobbler is about 3/4ths done.