Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is So Good -- and good for you... not easily done -- this is light but very filling
- 1 lb white beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine cooked beans and corm with diced onion, red pepper, oilves.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Add fresh basil.
- Chill as a summer dish.
- This keeps well in the frig.
- [can used canned white beans, rinsed and drained].
I made mine with Jacob's cattle beans, frozen corn, tomatoes, and green onions with the specified dressing and it turned out great!
Good, very fresh tasting. It tasted like a standard bean salad you'd buy at the Whole Foods deli. I loved the kalamata olives, they really gave it an interesting and new flavor. I think I'll make this again- it wasn't terribly exciting or different, but just a very good, standard bean salad.