- 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place black-eyed peas in 8 quart pot. Add enough water to fill pot 3/4 full.
- Stir in ham and diced onions, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place tomatoes in a blender or food processor, and blend until the tomatoes are liquefied.
- Add tomatoes to pot. Bring all ingredients to boil.
- Cover the pot, and simmer on low heat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the peas are tender.