Don't misss out on this one! Being in a dilema one day with some sea bass that I needed to cook, but would not be eating the same day, I steamed it with some thyme, refrigerated it and then used it the next day in this recipe in place of the raw fish and just feel in love with the cold salad! In as much as we love sushi and sashimi, I will try it with the raw fish as well. I will also try it with cooked shrimp, scallops, lobster, etc. It has so many possibilites and is so low-cal, with an Oriental flair in the dressing. This recipe came from www.fishingworks.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cantaloupe or 1/4 honeydew melon
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet pickled ginger
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 lb jicama, shredded (3 inch wedge) (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 6 ounces salmon fillets
- 6 ounces firm white fish fillets, such as sea bass
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 green onion, slivered
- 1Peel melon and cut into crescents.
- 2Segment grapefruit by cutting away the peel and white pith; cut and lift out segments.
- 3(For a real time-saver, buy these already prepared in your grocery store) In a bowl, combine melon, grapefruit, ginger, carrot, and jicama.
- 4Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
- 5Place sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat; cook, shaking pan continuously, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6(For another time-saver, toast these in your micro-wave).
- 7Immediately remove from pan to cool.
- 8Remove any skin and bones from fish.
- 9Thinly slice fish across the grain to make pieces about 1 by 2 inches.
- 10Fan slices on a serving platter, alternating pink and white fish.
- 11In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil and white pepper and drizzle over fish.
- 12To assemble.
- 13Drizzle lime juice mixture over fish.
- 14Mound salad mixture in center of fish.
- 15Spoon dressing over the salad, and garnish with peanuts, sesame seed and green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Year Sea Bass Salad
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.2
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 273.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: