This came from a distant relative who used to have a Charlois ranch in New Mexico. Not too spicy-just plain good!
- 680.38-907.18 g ground beef
- 3 clove chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled & chopped in bite size pieces
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 3 (340.19 g) canchopped green chilies
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml water (add to your own personal liking for thickness of soups)
- salt and pepper (keep tasting to adjust)
- In large pot brown meat with onion, drain.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour (or until potato is fork tender).
- You must keep tasting this to get the salt and pepper right.
- Fabulous with cornbread!