Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love chili this is done in the New Mexico style. If you look hard you will find the powder and chillies.
- 3 tablespoons ground new mexican chili (chili powder)
- 1 (7 ounce) cangreen new mexican chili, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs beef, sirloin, ground or 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- Brown the beef in oil. Add the onions, celery, and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and enough water to cover and simmer for about 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.