Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
The secret to these popovers is not to be chintzy with the batter. Do not use insulated cookie pan to hold the custard cups, the popovers will refuse to pop.
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add milk and melted butter.
- Add flour and salt; beat until batter is smooth.
- Place in 6 heavily greased custard cups.
- Place in preheated oven--don't crowd them.
- Bake at 400°F for 1 hour.
I used a muffin pan and then baked for a shorter time (around 30 minutes). They turned out just like they should have - fluffy and yummy! The insides were mostly hollow with custardy walls. Great with butter, jam or honey. Made for My-3-Chefs Fall 2008.