Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Creamy and delicious one dish meal.
Make and share this Nestled Crab recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place upside down in baking pan with water, bake for 40 minutes. Chill in freezer or fridge 5 minutes.
- Cut avocado in half, remove skin and seed. Place into hole in squash, trimming if necessary to fit flush.
- Melt butter, add flour, cook roux. Gradually add milk, then Dijon mustard and half of the cheese. Cook until thick, stirring. Remove from heat, add green onion and crab.
- Spoon crab mixture into avocado/squash.
- Top with leftover cheese and bread crumbs, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve family style.