My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- 5SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:.
- 6PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375°F Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- 7* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- 8FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nestlé Toll House Original Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g