Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this icing by combining two other recipes. It forms a nice crust, and it holds up very well in the heat/humidity....perfect for decorating. One recipe was enough for me to ice and decorate an 11x15" cake.
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon clear butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip
- 3 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water (to get desired consistency)
- Cream together the vegetable shortening, all of the flavorings, and the Dream Whip until very smooth.
- Add half the powdered sugar and half the water.
- Mix until combined.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and enough water to get desired consistency.