Recipe by twissis
This versatile & spec occasion salad for the seafood lovers among us is from *The Carnival Experience* cookbook by Peter Leypold (Exec Chef of Carnival Cruise Lines) & has a lot to recommend it. It is ideal as a luncheon entree, starter/salad course for an elegant dinner party or part of a cold soup, salad & dessert summer patio party when you want spare yourself cooking in a hot kitchen by serving things easily made ahead. (Times were not specified. I allowed 15-20 min for ingredient prep, but time does not include marinating the salmon under refrigeration & per the recipe assumes the other seafood items are prepared in advance). *Enjoy* !
Top Review by lazyme
Wonderful salad. I made mine a little larger for lunch and added a few more scallops and shrimp. I had tomato wedges and hard boiled egg wedges on the cutting board and forgot to add them until I had eaten 1/2 the salad. lol. It was a great treat. Thanks for sharing, twissis. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces salmon fillets
- 6 slices iceberg lettuce (wedges)
- 12 ounces dungeness crabmeat
- 12 sea scallops (poached)
- 12 ounces shrimp (peeled & cooked)
- 2 tomatoes (ea cut in 6 wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine red pepper, green pepper, oil & lemon juice in a re-sealable food storage bag. Add salmon, gently toss to coat & refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Heat grill or grill pan. Cook salmon till just cooked through, season w/salt & pepper as desired & set aside.
- SALAD ASSEMBLY: Place lettuce wedges on 6 serving plates. Add 2 oz salmon, 2 oz crabmeat, 2 scallops & 2 oz shrimp to ea plate. Garnish w/tomato wedges & serve w/desired dressing or choice of dressings.