Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Nelson Cookie Bake Peanut Blossoms recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (use 1/2 cup sugar in recipe. Reserve 1 cup sugar for rolling cookie dough balls in prior to baking.)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 48 Hershey chocolate kisses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, egg, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together. Add gradually to creamed mixture.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of dough into round ball for each cookie.
- Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove cookies from oven and press one Hershey Kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Then return cookie to oven for 1 minute.