Recipe by mollypaul
Lovely with tea or coffee and delicious served with Neiman Marcus Strawberry Butter #67046. From the local newspaper.
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk (lukewarm)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk in bowl
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs until foamy and pale in color; add warm milk.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Let batter rest for 1 hour at room temperature (this is an important step).
- Preheat oven to 450F and spray popover or muffin pans with cooking spray (Pam).
- Fill popover cups almost to the top with batter and place popover tin on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375F and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer, until popovers are deep golden brown outside and airy inside.
- Turn out popovers and serve hot with strawberry butter.