Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cookie recipe with white chocolate and cranberries comes from Neiman Marcus' Zodiac Room and is a Dallas Classic Dessert. The dried cranberries called for in the recipe are also called craisins.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F, grease a large cookie sheet.
- Cream butter with brown and granulated sugars, with an electric mixer, until fluffy.
- Add eggs and almond extract and beat on low speed until well combined.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl, on low speed beat it into the butter mixture, stopping the mixer once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in almonds, craisins, and white-chocolate chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto a prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly, bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- cool on wire racks.
These cookies are great! At first I thought that there was a mistake with the baking temperature and time, but tried it anyway. It made for THE PERFECT BAKED COOKIE. I'm going to bake all my cookies like this for now on! Thanks for posting!
This is a wonderful recipe and I've made it three times since it was printed in the Dallas Morning News. I got 36 cookies and cut the time from 20 min. to 15.