Aroostook County is potato country. Even our candy has potato in it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup warm unseasoned mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces coconut
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces paraffin wax
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1Mix first six ingredients well.
- 2Place into a 9x13 pan and pat down until smooth.
- 3Place in refrigerator until firm.
- 4Cut into 24 squares.
- 5Melt chocolate/wax in a double boiler.
- 6Dip each square into melted chocolate (I use a toothpick).
- 7Place on waxed paper to harden.
- 8Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Needham Bars or Potato Candy
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: