Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From B&G canning mag.
- 4 cups ripe nectarines, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 7 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin, 1 pouch
- In pot combine nectarines and lemon juice. Using potato masher, crush the fruit to create a pulp. Scrape the seed from the vanilla beans into the pot. Stir in vanilla bean pods and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high, bring mixture to a full rolling boil., stirring constantly. Take off heat.
- Quickly stir in pectin. Return to roiling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off foam, remove and discard vanilla bean pods.
- Ladle into hot sterlized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in water bath for your recommended altitude.
- To distribute fruit, cool for about 20 minutes, then gently turn and tilt jars without inverting, repeat as needed.
- **Tip: If you like chunkier jam, mash the fruit after cooking before ladling into jars. Also you can leave the skin on the fruit, it's up to you.