Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Jerk sauce for Chicken, Pork, Beef or even Fish.
- 1⁄2 cup allspice berry
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 -8 cloves garlic
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (use more if you dare)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 12 green onions
- 3 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Put content in a food processor or blender and liquify.
- Pour sauce in a Jar and keep refrigerated.
- The sauce will keep forever if kept refrigerated.
- Rub the meat leaving skin on chicken (rub under skin and in cavities).
- Marinate overnight.
- Grill at lowest possible setting over a low fire until done.
- Pimento (all spice) branches are used in Jamaica and mixed with charcoal.
- But we can use an aromatic wood in the barbecue grill to enhance the flavor.
- You can also cook in the oven at 500 for 25 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 170.
- Chop meat into pieces, and serve with bread or my Jamaican Garden Salad recipe#83093.
- I reblend a little of this sauce with some canned pineapple to serve on top of the meat when cooked.