Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Love to make these at Christmas. Great snack that can be frozen and served right out of the freezer.
- 1 (325 g) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (325 g) box shredded wheat cereal
- 1 (275 g) bag pretzel sticks, broken
- 1 lb salted peanuts (or 1/2 & 1/2) or 1 lb cashews (or 1/2 & 1/2)
- 1 lb melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Put dry ingredients in a large roasting pan.
- Mix sauce ingredients.
- Mix sauce into cereal mixture-toss well.
- Cover, cook at 225°F for 1 hour.
- Remove lid, cook another hour, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool, can be put into tins or Tupperware and frozen until ready to serve.
A nice snack with lots of flavour. I think I may reduce the amount of butter next time as the cheerios were a bit soggy even after baking.