Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- 2 loaves bread, of your choice (see below)
- Mix the cheese with the chives and 3 tablespoons of milk until smooth. If this is too thick add more of the milk.
- Using a serrated knife, trim your bread. You can use a baguette and slice thinly, leaving the crust. Or use a hearty wheat, honey wheat or even oatmeal bread and remove the crust then cut into small squares.
- Spread the cream cheese over your bread piece, not quite to the edges. At this point you can place on baking sheets and chill for up to 6 hours, or use immediately.
- Pick your nasturtium blooms and gently rinse. Place one bloom on each piece of bread, or careful separate the petals and arrange in a design on top of the cream cheese.
- You can also add small herb leaves, such as thyme, oregano or chive stems to decorate.
- Serve your canapés on a pretty plate or platter lined with a paper doily. These are great for summer tea parties!