Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich, creamy layered confections. Cooking time is chilling time, and is approximate.
Make and share this Napoleon Cremes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paraffin wax (optional)
- Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- In top of a double boiler: combine 1/2 c butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla. Cook over simmering water until the butter is melted. Stir in the slightly beaten egg.
- Continue cooking, stirring, until the mixture is thick (about 3 minutes). Blend in crumbs and coconut.
- Press the mixture in the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, cream 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in milk, pudding mix, and confectioners sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread mixture evenly over the crust mixture in the pan.
- Chill until firm.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate, 2 tbsp butter and paraffin. Cool, spread over pudding layer. Chill.
- Cut into 2 x 3/4 inch bars.
This is the exact recipe handed down from my mom. Our whole family loves it. AWESOME!!