Recipe by Tara
This was my great-grandmothers recipe. I have been asked for it many times since the dumplings are always as light as a dumpling can be.
Top Review by Jangomango
Very light and very tasty, Tara. We put them in a Chicken and chile stew, and the cheese in the dumplings was a delicious touch. Good directions, especially the bit about not overmixing. I've never frozen dumplings (never any leftover) so can't comment on that. I'd like to try it some day. Thank you for a little different dumpling.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon or 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 sprigs of chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together then stir in cheese.
- Mix Egg, butter and milk together.
- Stir into flour mixture until well mixed (dont over mix).
- Drop into soup or stew, cover and simmer for 12 min.
- I sometimes drop 1/2 teaspoons into soup for mini dumplings.
- They also freeze well once cooked.