Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was passed down by my grandmother. It's a favorite of my family and friends. Preparation tip: I line the loaf pan with Release foil. First, I flip the pan upside down, tear off a piece of foil large enough to cover the bottom and sides and mold it to the pan bottom. Next, I remove the foil and insert it into the loaf pan. After baking, simply lift the foil out of the pan with the bread. Easy clean up, plus you don't have to grease and flour the pan.
- Cream together butter & sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in sifted flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat in mashed bananas.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 70 minutes.
- After baking, while still warm, pour 1 tablespoons of melted butter over top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Your tip on the foil lining is something many others might not be aware of, but I use it all the time in my cooking & baking ~ Especially easy when the foil is the heavy-duty kind! Anyway, to your recipe ~ Made this as directed & had a great tasting loaf, especially since my bananas were very ripe & flavorful! Good, ol' fashion banana bread! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]