Recipe by Ozzy
This is a fabulous recipe given to me by my partners Mum - i use 6 oz as i like it sharp but 8 oz is very good if you like it sweeter too, so easy to make and delicious.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the butter, sugar, lemon rind and half the lemon juice in the top of a bain marie.
- Stir well until the butter has melted & sugar dissolved. Add the remainder of the lemon juice and beaten eggs, continue cooking in the bain marie stirring frequently until mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon without running off.
- Heat your jam jars by filling with hot water then empting just prior to filling.
- Fill the jars with the curd then cover immediately with a waxed or grease proof paper disc.
- Cover the open jars with a claen cloth until quite cold then fasten the jam pot covers, store in the fridge and use within 8 weeks.