Lemon Curd pie with a sweet biscuit base, This was my Nanna's Mums recipe, Nanna used to make it for me every school holidays when I would go and stay with her. It was a real treat. Be careful not to stop stirring the curd whilst over the heat as if it begins to stick it will change the taste completely. Yoyo's are the best for the base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush biscuits quite finely and combine with melted butter. Press into the base of 2 regular pie tins with the back of a spoon; Refrigerate.
- 2In a large saucepan off of heat, combine lemon, sugar and cornflour.
- 3Beat in the eggs and gradually add the boiling water, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- 4Stir over LOW-MED to MED heat until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- 5Add to the biscuit base while hot.
- 6Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Do not cover in fridge until it is cool enough or it will sweat.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanna Eatts Lemon Curd Pie
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.8
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 430.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: