Recipe by BeeJaye
Lemon Curd pie with a sweet biscuit base, This was my Nanna's Mums recipe, Nanna used to make it for me every school holidays when I would go and stay with her. It was a real treat. Be careful not to stop stirring the curd whilst over the heat as if it begins to stick it will change the taste completely. Yoyo's are the best for the base.
- 370 g biscuits, Yoyo or 370 g macaroons or 370 g Marie biscuits
- 160 g butter, melted
- 2 lemons, Juice and Rind
- 1 large cups sugar
- 3 soupspoons cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush biscuits quite finely and combine with melted butter. Press into the base of 2 regular pie tins with the back of a spoon; Refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan off of heat, combine lemon, sugar and cornflour.
- Beat in the eggs and gradually add the boiling water, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Stir over LOW-MED to MED heat until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Add to the biscuit base while hot.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Do not cover in fridge until it is cool enough or it will sweat.