Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nancy Drew-- This recipe is actually pretty gross. I've posted it as part of my Nancy Drew Cookbook (from an old hokey ND cookbook I have). My husband wouldn't even eat it, it tasted like fish. I've tried Rachel Ray's beef rouladen before and it is much better.
- 8 thin veal cutlets
- 2 slices bacon, uncooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 small dill pickle, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper veal. Mix together diced bacon, pickle, and onion. Spread a bit of this over each piece of veal.
- Roll up and dredge in flour. Brown in butter or oil in skillet.
- Add beef stock and simmer over low for 45min.