Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Very moist and delicious cake! From my friend Nancy B., many years ago while we were stationed at Ft. Campbell KY. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake ingredients at one time for 7 minutes.
- Mix together cinnamon mixture (except nuts). Grease pan. Dust angel food pan with cinnamon mixture. Add nuts to remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Alternate cake batter and cinnamon mixture (3 times) in angel food pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until done. Let stand until cool, about 1 hour, before removing pan.
GREAT recipe-fast, easy, and tastes fantastic!!! DH had requested a cinnamon cake for his bday so I chose this one and it was a great choice. I baked this in 2-6" bundt pans (I don't have a 12") and they both came out great. The smells coming from my oven-oh my, hard to resist taking a slice but waited for the birthday boy. The cake was moist and light and DH was thrilled. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
Very easy and SUPER flavor. I don't think this tastes cake mix-y at all (& I used cheap store-brand cake & pudding mixes). I followed the directions exactly, letting the KA do the mixing while I quickly chopped pecans in a food processor & combined with the cinna-sugar. The cinna-sugar-nuts combo looks like a lot, but the amount is perfect as far as flavor in the cake. It was very moist with pockets of yummy cinnamon flavor - perfect to send with DH on a boys weekend in the woods. ;)