3 hrs 30 mins
My Nana made snickerdoodles every Christmas. Then my mom and I made these most every year growing up. There are so many snickerdoodle recipes out there - but this - in my opinion is the best. One year was at my sister's for Xmas and we tried a generic recipe -- they were good - but not like Nana's!!! This recipe makes a ton -- suitable for xmas parties / large groups. (but you seriously wouldn't want to make a 1/2 batch... trust me on this! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a separate bowl, mix Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Salt. Whisk to combine.
- 2Cream sugar and Crisco/Butter in your Mixer
- 3Add Eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each egg.
- 4Add flour mixture slowly till combined.
- 5Chill the dough - for a while - hour or more?.
- 6Roll balls into walnut size.
- 7Roll balls into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. (Use as much or as little cinnamon as you like).
- 8Bake at 400 for 8 - 10 minutes - but the cookies are BEST undercooked!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Snickerdoodle
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.2
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 428.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g