Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one dish meal is definately a comfort food. It has everything you need, meat, vegetable and potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 10 ounces peas and carrots (frozen)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 -3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 deep dish pie shell (baked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet;drain.
- Boil, mash and season potatoes.
- Cook peas and carrots (you could also use canned peas and carrots if you wish).
- Bake pie crust according to package directions.
- Blend in soup with meat and onion.
- Layer ground meat in pie shell, if adding cheese put on top of meat layer then add vegetables and top with mashed potatoes.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake until heated through.
Shepard's Pie is one of my favorites and this recipe didn't disappoint. Really tasty, easy and quick to put together. I did add 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg to the meat mixture for extra flavor. Thnx for sharing!