Recipe by Petdrwife
This one dish meal is definately a comfort food. It has everything you need, meat, vegetable and potatoes.
Top Review by Anita Harris
Shepard's Pie is one of my favorites and this recipe didn't disappoint. Really tasty, easy and quick to put together. I did add 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg to the meat mixture for extra flavor. Thnx for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 10 ounces peas and carrots (frozen)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 -3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 deep dish pie shell (baked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion in skillet;drain.
- Boil, mash and season potatoes.
- Cook peas and carrots (you could also use canned peas and carrots if you wish).
- Bake pie crust according to package directions.
- Blend in soup with meat and onion.
- Layer ground meat in pie shell, if adding cheese put on top of meat layer then add vegetables and top with mashed potatoes.
- Place pie in preheated oven and bake until heated through.