Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandma's homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices bread, buttered
- Cook Macaroni, drain and rinse.
- Make White Sauce by melting the butter then add flour, salt pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Once mixed return to heat and stir into a thick/smooth sauce.
- Combine above white sauce with Grated Cheese, Onions, Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce; save a little cheese for the top.
- Put macaroni in an 8x8 baking pan mix with above sauce.
- Take four slices of bread; butter then cube.
- Cover the top of the macaroni with the bread cubes then place the remaining grated cheese on top of the bread.
- Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes.