Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posted in reply to a request.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb salt pork, chopped
- 1 small leg of lamb
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup lamb stock or 1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and salt pork.
- Add meat, onion, celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, turning the meat often, until it begins to brown.
- Add garlic and continue cooking until meat is well browned.
- Add wine and continue cooking until wine evaporates.
- Add tomato paste, oregano and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add stock or water, cover pot and continue cooking for 1 1/2 hours, turning the meat often.
- When meat is done, remove from pan and set aside on warm platter.
- Strain the gravy, and serve it over the meat.