Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smooth and creamy with great chocolate taste.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine chocolate and butter in large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Sift sugar; add to chocolate alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Beat at high speed until of spreading consistency.
Ironic that the day I'm going to rate this it comes up as recipe of the day!...Thanx Inez for another super recipe. I have made this twice, both times for a yellow cake. Second time I didn't have unsweetened chocolate, so I did the subsitution thing with 3TBS cocoa powder and 1 TBS oil for each square......Still made this frosting WONDERFUL...Chocolate lovers dream!
Just love this icing (frosting). The frosting is so creamy and rich and finger licking good. The chocolate and the butter gives this icing a nice gleam and rich a look that tempts you to eat the cake. It sure is a chocolate lovers dream, especially when paired with Inez's Eggless One Bowl Chocolate cake #16560. Congratulations Inez another winner. :-) Note: Inez, when I reviewed this recipe I forgot to rate it with a star. *duh on me* So I hope this review will override my first review and all will be right. :-) hugs Chrissy