Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy, no bake recipe for a really good Bar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, whatever)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Layer One----------------------.
- In a double boiler mix together The first 5 ingredients (butter, sugar, egg, vanilla& cocoa) Stir until slightly thickened.
- Add graham wafer crumbs,coconut& nuts.
- Grease a 9" square pan and press this first layer down so the base is evenly spread, let stand for 15 minutes.
- Layer Two----------------------.
- Mix together the layer two ingredients and spread over layer one.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Layer Three----------------------.
- Melt chocolate over hot water.
- Very slowly& gently stir in the tbsp of butter until just blended.
- Spread over layer two.
- Refrigerate then cut into squares== That's it.
Used almonds and used 4 tbsp butter for the top layer instead of just 1 tbsp so the chocolate was softer. They are amazing!
Apparently these were very good, though I never actually ate one. I make these for my friend and they were quite simple.
This is the perfect recipe for these bars.I have the same one in my recipe book but I got it elsewhere.I was going to post mine but here it is.The only change I made was to use oreo cookie crumbs instead of graham.I used toasted pecans in the crust also.So simple to put together but oh so good.