Recipe by NamaJoy
Simple and oh so delicious! Not too sweet, with a little zip. It's our family and friends favorite side dish. I'm asked to bring this to all our picnics, BBQ's and get togethers. Originally given to me by a friend, we changed a few things, and made it not as sweet. These are great hot or cold. I know you'll really enjoy them. It also freezes well.
- 1 (117 ounce) canbush's baked beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup jalapeno chili with juice, only use the juice
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot sautee onions in olive oil until clear.
- Add green peppers.
- When green peppers are tender add garlic.
- Break up ground beef into smaller pieces, drop into onion/green pepper/garlic mixture and brown down, stirring to keep meat from clumping. When cooked, drain off any grease.
- While meat is cooking open beans and drain off most of the liquid.
- Add beans to meat mixture stirring well.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Cook until hot.
- Divide into 2 3-4 quart casserole dishes or crockpots.
- Bake uncovered at 350 until bubbly.
- Crockpot on medium for 4 hours.
- I bake two casseroles and fill 2 of the ziplock 9x4 freezer dishes for later baking in the microwave. Simply thaw overnight in frig and then heat in microwave.