Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
The most fantastic nachos recipe I've ever made, and my family thinks so too.
- 1 (6 ounce) package tostados
- 24 slices monterey jack cheese, ¼ inch thick squares or 2 cups coarsely grated mixture of monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 24 slices jalapeno peppers, to taste
- 2 cups refried pinto beans, heated
- sour cream
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- pitted black olives
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, fried,drained and crumbled
- some diced tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- Place tostadas on a large, ovenproof platter.
- Evenly distribute cheese over top and sprinkle with jalapeno pepper slices.
- Place tostadas under broiler until cheese melts.
- Then place guacomole in a small mound in the center of the tostadas.
- Put a scoop of refried beans of either side of the guacomole.
- Garnish with sour cream and a few sprinkles of extra cheese.
- Scatter chopped tomato over top of guacomole.
- Sprinkle olives over tostadas and encircle dish with chorizo To make guacomole: Cut the 2 avocados in half and scoop out flesh into a bowl.
- Cut with a knife and fork into ½ inch cubes.
- Add the tomato, lime, green onions, garlic, salt and jalapeno.
- Stir until combined.