Recipe by Sharon123
I've been craving some simple egg recipes and this one is simple and tasty!
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
This is so good and so simple! I also didn't know what to do with the little cut-outs, so I ate them while I was preparing the recipe! This is a really easy and simple recipe for just about any time. Thanks so much for sharing, Sharon! Made for a cook-a-thon in rememberance of her husband at KK's forum.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or whole grain bread)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons black bean-corn salsa (or your favorite salsa)
- 1 tablespoon crushed tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut out the center of each bread slice, using a 3-inch round cutter(or use edge of a round glass; reserve cut-outs. Coat a large nonstick skillet lightly with oil.
- Place bread slices and cut-outs in skillet.
- Break and slip an egg into center of each bread slice. Turn on heat to medium-high.
- Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip bread with egg and cut-outs over with turner.
- Cook second side to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle 1 tbls. of Mexican cheese blend over each egg. Place a lid over skillet to allow cheese to melt for a minute.
- Top each egg with 1 tbls. of salsa and distribute crushed tortilla chips evenly over top of both toasts.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!