Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Source:LCBO's Food & Drink Magazine.
- 8 cups popcorn, warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread popcorn out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine butter, chives (if using), zest, cumin and chili powder in a bowl.
- Microwave on medium until butter is melted (about 40 seconds).
- Stir well then drizzle mixture evenly over popcorn and toss well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then stir well.
- Spread out in an even layer.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is evenly melted.
Yum, this is a great way to dress up popcorn! I used lime zest and cheddar cheese. The zest really adds a nice flavor boost. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
This had great flavor. I knew I would like it better without the cheese, so left it out. I used the lime zest, and it really was the star in this.
This is so yummy. I used unsalted butter, the dried chives, lemon zest. I omitted the cumin, salt and pepper. I loved it. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for Healthy tag game