BF made this last night--it is from the FEB 2004 Healthy Cooking. It is delicious! Very lime-y, so reduce the lime juice if this scares you! 6 WW points per serving. BF added grilled chicken, it was a perfect combo. This would be easy to make veggie--just sub the broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tomatoes, sliced to 1/2 inches
- 1 onion, sliced to 1/2 inches
- 1 red pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and quartered lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans or 1 (14 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1Broil tomatoes, onions, red pepper, jalapeno, and garlic for 6- 7 minutes on each side (until nicely charred).
- 2Let cool and puree in bender Combine puree, broth, beans, and cilantro in a large soup pot.
- 3Boil, then reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes.
- 4Let cool, then puree in batches.
- 5Return puree to pot, bring to boil.
- 6Add corn, lime juice, salt, and cumin.
- 7Simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Garnish with cheese, cilantro, and tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nacho Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 508.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.7 g