1/4 Photos of My O My.. Best Thai Beef Salad Ever!
This is one of the best Thai salads I have ever tasted and I just had to share it with my zaar family. Try it, you won't regret it. You can substitute the beef with the same amount of Pork fillets, chicken breasts or thigh fillets, or some firm tofu. When preparing this salad in advance, cook the beef, prepare the salad, and make the dressing, BUT STORE EACH IN SEPARATE CONTAINERS. Do NOT combine until you are ready to serve. This is an ideal portable lunch or picnic dish that can be transported in 3 small containers, and assembled on the spot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 ounces sirloin steaks, trimmed (rump or fillet)
- 7 ounces salad greens (any kind)
- 2 small red onions, finely sliced
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 3 large mild red chilies, seeded and shredded (can add more if you like a BIG punch)
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaf (coriander)
- 2/3 cup mint leaf
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 1Brush the beef with a little oil and char-grill, barbecue, or pan-fry till cooked to your liking.
- 2(I recommend medium rare for this recipe, if you can handle a little blood.) Set aside for five minutes and slice it thinly.
- 3Place salad greens, onions, kaffir lime leaves, chili, cilantro, mint and basil into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
- 4To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- 5Stir the dressing well.
- 6Place the beef on the salad and pour over the dressing.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My O My.. Best Thai Beef Salad Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 924.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves