Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is my mom's recipe and I loved it ever since I could remember. The chicken's very juicy and tasty and it's best served with hot rice and some stir-fried veggies. A truly Malaysian treat!
- 1 whole chicken (cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons thick soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chinese oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt (do not use table salts)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Add the chicken with tumeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the thick soy sauce, light soy sauce,chinese oyster sauce and black pepper and mix very well.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- In a large fry pan, heat up 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add in the marinated chicken to the heated oil and fry.
- Make sure you low down the heat when frying.
- Turn the chicken after about 10 minutes, and continue turning and frying until done.
- Drain the chicken after done.
- Delicious (very juicy& tasty) when served with hot rice and sauteed stir-fried veggies.
- Try it!