Recipe by Kartoshke
My mother doesn't like too many spices (or ingredients, for that matter) in her food, so this relatively plain dish has always worked well for the young children in our family. And of course, she doesn't make her own sauce. ;)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages ziti pasta
- 1 (375 g) jarstore-bought pasta sauce
- 1 (2 cup) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- oregano, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil ziti according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce into a 13 X 9 baking dish. Add pasta and remaining 1/2 of the sauce.
- Toss pasta and sauce with oregano, black pepper, and 1/2 of the mozzarella, chopped or cubed.
- Top with remaining mozarrella, sliced. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted through.