1/1 Photo of My Mom's Sticky Cinnamon Buns
1 hr 5 mins
Cabin Cat's Note:
A recipe handed down from my Mom. We tweaked and tweaked till we got it just right! If Pillsbury Hot Roll mix ever goes off the market, I'll have a lot of recipes that don't work anymore. I use it as a base for everything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box pillsbury hot roll mix (a specialty bread)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water, 120o to130o F. , or very hot to the touch
- 1COMBINE contents of box, sugar and yeast packet in large bowl; MIX WELL.
- 2STIR in hot water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 3Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- 4With greased or floured hands, shape dough into a ball.
- 5KNEAD dough for 5 minutes until smooth.
- 6Cover dough with large bowl' let rest 5 or 10 minutes.
- 7(skip steps 5 & 6 if making icing topped cinnamon buns).
- 8Make pan coating, if using, by mixing all together in a small bowl,.
- 9microwave for about a minute until blended.
- 10Make filling and set aside.
- 11At this point, if making stickies, spread into a buttered 9"X13" pan or two 9" pans.
- 12TO SHAPE roll dough to about a 10" X 15" rectangle.
- 13SPREAD filling mixture evenly over dough.
- 14Starting with narrow side, roll tightly and pinch edges to seal.
- 15Cut into 12 or 16 even pieces and place cut side down in prepared pans.
- 16Twelve look nice in the 9" X 13" pan,eight each make nice 9" pans.
- 17Cover loosely with plastic wrap or clean towel and let rise in a warm place 30 minute.
- 18Uncover rolls, bake at 375o F. for 20 to 30 minute or until golden brown.
- 19Cool one minute, remove from pans by flipping onto serving plate for stickies.
- 20You can frost right in pan when almost cool but still warm for plain cinnamon rolls.
- 21NOTE: prep. time includes rise time. if you have extra time, do a rise in the bowl first then go on to the shaping step. Extra rising gives a tender bread.
- 22The topping is only used when making sticky-style.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mom's Sticky Cinnamon Buns
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 571.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g