Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom had made this delicious pecan pie since I was a little girl. This recipe is posted in "The Cotton Country" cookbook by Mrs. Russel Bulloch. As odd that it is, I ended up working for her husband, the great Dr. Russell Bulloch, at Pediatric Associates. Hope you enjoy this great recipe as I have.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 -9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Brown butter in saucepan until it is golden brown,do not burn; let cool.
- In separate bowl add ingredients in order listed; stir.
- Blend in browned butter well.
- Pour in unbaked pie shell and bake at 425° for 10 minutes, then lower to 325° for 40 minutes.
This was FANTASTIC! The filling was great and very easy to make. This will be my new pecan pie recipe from now on. Thanks Loretta for posting. Made for PAC 2007
I've been making this pie out of the Cotton Country cookbook forever. Loretta is right. It is a tried and true recipe and is delicious every time. Thanks for posting Loretta!!!