Recipe by Loretta in Louisiana
My mom had made this delicious pecan pie since I was a little girl. This recipe is posted in "The Cotton Country" cookbook by Mrs. Russel Bulloch. As odd that it is, I ended up working for her husband, the great Dr. Russell Bulloch, at Pediatric Associates. Hope you enjoy this great recipe as I have.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 -9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 425°.
- Brown butter in saucepan until it is golden brown,do not burn; let cool.
- In separate bowl add ingredients in order listed; stir.
- Blend in browned butter well.
- Pour in unbaked pie shell and bake at 425° for 10 minutes, then lower to 325° for 40 minutes.