Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother always made cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving this way. I don't know where she got the idea, but it is delicious and we all loved it. She used whole cranberries and made it from scratch, but it's just as good and eaasier to use a can of whole berry cranberry sauce as the base. Any tasty apple will work. I used a Braeburn last time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 apple, cored and diced (don't bother to peel it unless peel is tough)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients together and chill well.
- Put in a pretty glass bowl and serve with your holiday turkey.